Well, I started out the week not feeling very well, so I worked on a ZIA. I’ve been working on learning to draw, especially portraits, and this is the girl I came up with. The full view photo was just to blurry, but the close-up gives you the idea of how she looks. My daughter came over on Friday to give me purple low lights for Mother’s day and fell in love with her, so I am making her one for a belated Mother’s Day present. Nothing is more satisfying to me than when the people I love express their love for what I create.
I’ve also been working on The Diva’s Challenge #166. You can find it here: http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/ She created a new pattern and we were to use that pattern and we also have the opportunity to suggest a name for the pattern. When I first saw it, it reminded me of pinball, but I didn’t think that would be a good name, nor did I want my name suggestion to reflect something literal. Much later in the week I made the connection from Pinball to Plinko. Plinko is a game they play on the television show the Price is Right. Contestants drop discs down a board of pegs and it bounces back and forth across the board until it lands in a slot at the bottom of the board that contains a dollar amount that the contestants win. That image/connection to this pattern just seemed to fit perfectly, so I designed this ZIA for the challenge. It’s kind of like an abstract idea/view of the game Plinko.
I also thought that even though Plinko is a real thing, it would still be a cool name for a Zentangle pattern, and plus it’s just a fun word to say.
I was pretty busy this week creating stuff. I said in my last post that I would include some polymer clay items in my next post and I’m not one to go back on my word. I created 4 prototype bangles to see if they would be something I would enjoy making in the future and whether or not people would like them and want to buy them. I got the seal of approval from my daughter, but I would like to know what you think. Please if you would be so kind as to leave a comment regarding your thoughts on these bangles and what you would pay for one. Pricing your own creations is so difficult it is always important to find out what potential customers like and at what price they value your work.
This bangle was made using a Wilton baking mold, Lumiere paints, and two different types of blue crystals.
This bangle was made using the same Wilton mold, Lumiere paint and orange crystals.
This bangle was made using Premo polymer clay mosaic tiles that I made.
This bangle was made using Lumiere paint and Hampton Art Graphic 45 stamps. Circling the rest of the bangle are jazz musicians. I think in the future I will stamp images into the raw clay to give it more dimension. I was a bit disappointed with the results of just stamping onto baked clay.
As always, Thank you for reading and please leave me a comment!